I finished the six whips, and my hands are sore! They came out great, here are the stock whips:
And here’s all six of the whips:
It always amazes me how much time is saves to make things production line style. Cutting out three of every thing at the same time and doing the same physical action three times in a row really make a project like this go quickly.
This was a fun whip repair that came in! This stock whip’s leather keeper had broken and it’s owner did a quick self repair by tying a knot to make it semi functional.
When I was contacted, I asked if they had a picture of it before it was broken so that I could try to match what it previously had, and unfortunately they didn’t. I did a little bit of research and found some samples of what I thought it might have looked like before and this is one the owner thought looked the closest.