This was a fun project because it’s not what I normally make. It’s a lash for a hunt whip! The customer had been trying to replicate a lash that they already had, after checking out some pictures and getting some measurements, I got started.
The first step was ordering some whiskey colored veg tanned kangaroo from David Morgan.
Then I cut out the core, plaited they belly and added a bolster to it. Here are the finished internal layers:
After that I cut out the set for the overlay. This is going to be 8 plait.
Next I had to do all the strand prep, so stretching and paring the lace and then I started to plait the overlay.
And here’s the finished hunt whip thong:
I like the way it came out, and it’s got a nice crack to it!