On Friday I had a six foot Jacka that’s 10-15 years old come in for a new fall and possibly to get some strands fixed:
When the whip showed up it was very dry, missing the fall and had a couple of broken strands right at the fall hitch.
The whips owner and I decided to move the move the fall hitch a couple inches up the whip. That was an easy fix to the broken strands and probably a better solution than adding in 2 strands for the last inch of the whip. Also this is probably a better fix than just leaving it with the broken strands.
I gave this whip a few flicks and it’s still got a lot of life left in it! It was interesting to see how the Jacka transition has held up over the years.