Bullwhip Progress :(

Bullwhip Progress :(

Well I”m almost finished with the 9 foot bullwhip that I’m making and I’m not really happy with how it turned out. Somehow when making this bullwhip everything was a struggle.

For example I broke a strand, but that’s not really a big deal.  Then I cut my short overlay strands (the ones that will be dropped) shorter than I would have liked, so I ended up dropping a bit sooner than I would have liked.


Also I’m thinking the way the last few feet tapered, this bullwhip might be better as an 8 foot, not 9 foot.  I’m going to finish it as a 9 foot and then try it  out and if it need to be shortened then I’ll take a foot off it.

Does all of this this make this whip bad…NOPE…but it sure doesn’t make it great!  I’ll probably end up keeping this bullwhip for myself.

After this bullwhip is finished I’m making 4 budget bullwhips, then a 10 or 12 foot bullwhip.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *