Yesterday despite having a hurt wrist, I managed to get the internal layers of the 4 foot whip I’m working on finished.
This bullwhip internally has a core, plaited belly, then two bolsters. Up next for today is putting on a knot foundation and cutting out the overlay. Cutting the overlay shouldn’t be too hard on my wrist.
It’s been a while, but I recently came down with a case of whip maker’s thumb!
It looks worse than it actually is…and on the plus side about an hour before I cut my thumb I happened to find some “liquid bandage”, so that was helpful!
I’m still working on my whip sampler pack, so far the stock whip is finished and the overlay of the signal whip is about half done. These are all going to be done in 12 plait kangaroo.