Yesterday I got the kangaroo skin trimmed and the core of the whip attached to the handle. I hurt my left wrist on Friday, so work on this whip will be going slower than normal as I can’t do much before it gets very painful.
Here’s the initial trim of the skin:
The purpose of this is to simply take off the jagged edges of the skin. This gives me smoother edges to cut around. Then I cut out the two bellies:
These two bellies are for two different 4 foot whips. I bought a kangaroo skin that would make two whips.
Next today is hopefully getting the belly and bolsters of the first whip finished (before my wrist starts hurting too bad).