I’ve gotten a lot of progress into the bullwhip with the shark spine handle. Here’s the belly inserted into the handle:
I put the handle (with belly attached) into the hollowed out shark spine. Then I filled it with epoxy and let it dry.
The next step was attaching the inner bolster. To do this I put a bit of leather cement on the inch of handle and belly that extended past shark spine and tightly bound the leather in place and let everything dry.
On top of that boslter I put a second bolster with basically the same process. Right now I’m working on the overlay and I’ll post pics of it when I’m finished with it.