I just had a whip come in for an adjustment. I think it was originally a signal whip, I didn’t make it, so I’m not 100% positive.
Based on how the loose ends looked, it appears there was a cracker on the end previously. The new owner wanted at slapper put on. Here’s the finished whip:
I thinned down the slapper;s end and it runs several inches into the point of the whip. That should hold it securely. then I put a fall hitch to secure the strands at the point of the whip.
If you’ve got a whip that needs a repair or adjustment, feel free to contact me to chat about it!
This has been shipped back to it’s owner!